December 12, 2009

random ramble

November 19, 2009 11:15pm

I got off work at 9:30pm today. I thought for sure I would catch Cody before he went to bed, and even called the house while I was walking out to my truck to make sure he didn’t go to bed before I got home. No such luck. We did get to spend the day together before I went to work though, so I’m not too bothered by it.

I was starving when I got home, so I made a bunch of french fries and munched on them, which I now realize was a mistake. I ate way too many of them. I also thought that I would be staying up for quite a while, but now I’m getting kind of sleepy. Had I known I would be this tired so soon, I wouldn’t have eaten so much. Now I have to stay awake for a while to let all those fries settle or I’ll feel like crap in the morning.

Not a whole lot happened today. I slept until 11am even though I went to bed “early”. I guess my body is just tired from all this extra work. I read for a while this morning, and then Cody and I spent some quality time together.

*edit*

I’m told there is a strong likelihood that we won’t be working at all tomorrow night, which I’m sort of ambivalent about. I’ve really enjoyed the opportunity to work on the line these last two weeks, but I’m just tired now. I’m not used to the work or the hours anymore, and my body is just ready to give up I think. Cody and I decided today that Saturday would be a good day to get the Christmas decorations out of the attic and start decorating, so if I do get called off, I’ll probably just get a head start on that.

I’m glad next week is Thanksgiving. Cody and I have been so busy lately that it will be nice to have a little down time. We’re planning to go to Bowling Green to spend some time with Bethany’s family. I told Pastor yesterday in our meeting that I won’t lie to my mom about where I’m going or what I’m doing next weekend, but I am going to go out of my way to avoid the subject. If my mom finds out I drove past her to go stay with B and D… That’s not fair though; that’s purely speculation on my part. Speculation based on fact and experience, but still not very nice.

I’m not sure what we’re going to do for Christmas this year. It seems like it gets harder every year to pick out Christmas gifts. At least in years past I haven’t had to be as concerned with a budget, which makes shopping a little easier. Now on top of trying to figure out what to get people I need to be extremely conscious of price. Not that that is a bad thing, I guess. I have always tended to spend way more than I should anyway. The tighter budget will help reign my spending in a bit, if nothing else. I just really enjoy giving gifts, especially if I know it’s like “The” gift for someone.

No comments: