December 28, 2010

way too cold...

...to put laundry away!

I had set the laptop aside to get dressed and get a little housework done. Since a lot of what I've got at the top of my to-do list hinges on getting my laundry put away, and my office (where my clothes are) is currently an ice-box of death, it turns out I've got time to start another post after all.

I really do need to get that damn office cleaned out. Since starting the planning and implementation of the Christmas concert at church, my office has spiraled out of control! The guest bed is piled with clutter of all sorts: books to be shared/donated, music the choir has performed that needs to be filed away, music that needs to updated/arranged/listened to/copied/distributed for future performances, files to be filed, files to be sorted/shredded/set aside to start another pile somewhere else, CD boxes that need to be tucked back into their obscure corners, etc. ad infinitum... Let's not forget that the bed itself needs to be stripped and taken apart to be donated to someone, somewhere, at some point in the near future...

Since I'm so limited on space in that office, our guest bed is going to be given away and replaced with an air bed (post-Thanksgiving sale, baby!) that can be folded up and stored in a closet. While I've lived here, that bed has been used on a total of two occasions, aside from when I was sick, so I think it will be safe to rid myself of the damn thing. Hopefully once I get everything that is currently hiding under the bed put into a new storage location, I'll have enough floor space to move around and *gasp* actually get some work done in my office from time to time!

For now, I'll settle for getting all the debris cleared off...

5 comments:

ellenjane said...

Wow, two posts in as many days. It's a Christmas MIRACLE! :)

ellenjane said...

Wow, two posts in as many days. It's a Christmas MIRACLE! :)

ellenjane said...

And I didn't mean to ironically post my comment twice. I blame word verification

Robert Stockham said...

Good luck on that office! I rearranged mine one day and found out it is actually quite large. Moving the bookshelf made it possible to put my feet in front of the heating vent and in the summer, I will be able to easily move my desk in front of the window and there is a ton of room left over. We took our extra bedroom and made it a walk in closet a few years ago, since the bed was not getting used. I hope you get it all done-it was very invigorating for me.

Etepay said...

I guess it would be selfish of me to say keep the bed since I've only ever slept on the thing once. lol. I do love air matresses!!! :) I promise, I'm going to get there again!!

You should have the best office that space can afford, you are a busy, busy man, get rid of that bed, stretch out and then get some more book shelves. Yes, I'm an enabler. ;)