July 24, 2010

already sweating at 7am

...but don't get me wrong. I'd much rather be sweating than shivering any day! A lot of times, in mid-winter when I complain about the cold/snow, people will say, "You'll be wishing it was this cold/snowy in July when it's 90 degrees out!"

To them I say, "Pi-shah. I have no desire to get back to winter, or ever spring for that matter."

Besides all that, I'm off work until next Monday, so it's definitely all good. This week is our summer shut-down at work, and I'm loving the fact that I don't have to go in for a week! I could potentially be busier over the next 9 days than if I were at work, but when I'm busy doing things on my own list versus "working", it's SO much better.

I've got a lot to get done today, and I hope I can accomplish it! I have the pleasure of being able to attend a birthday open house for a dear friend this afternoon, and I'm really looking forward to it. The only problem is that the other REALLY BIG item on my "To Do" list for today absolutely must be at least 99% complete by bedtime! Since I don't know for sure how long I will be gone today, I have no idea how much time I'll have to work on this project tonight. Which means I've got to bust my butt this morning to knock out as much as possible.

It's a project for the choir at church, and while I'm excited about all of it, there is an aspect of surprise surrounding one of the items on the agenda that has me quite geeked! I'll not mention it here, for fear of the possibility of anything being given away to the wrong person(s).

All that being said, I really need to get off the laptop and get my ass upstairs to the sweat lodge I call my office. I'll have to make a quick detour for a towel though, because I'm quite sure that I'll be needing it!